- Great at telling stories and capturing an audience’s attention
- Love being outdoors and working independently
- Enjoy sharing your knowledge of and passion for Vancouver
- Experience leading groups and public speaking
- A passion for meeting new people
- Don’t mind getting your hands dirty occasionally fixing a flat tire or doing basic bike maintenance. Do you already know how or are you willing to learn?
- You speak fluent English. Do you speak any other languages?
New Guides are typically hired and trained in April/May each year. Contact us to inquire!
- Do you have exceptional people skills? Can you converse with all different types of people? Are you interested in other people’s stories? Do you thrive on meeting new people?
- Do you have outdoor or urban guiding experience? Though this is not mandatory, it is highly beneficial.
- Do you have public speaking experience? This job requires you to be “on” in front of groups of people all day and confidence in your public speaking is a must.
- Do you love Vancouver and are you willing to share this love? Do you know the city inside and out and pride yourself on knowing “hidden gems” and major Vancouver attractions alike.
- Are you energized by quickly thinking on your feet? Can you solve problems confidently and on the fly?
- Are you willing to change flat tubes and adjust brakes and shifters, and in general, get your hands dirty? – - Do you do most of the maintenance on your own bike? If not, are you willing to learn how?
- Do you prefer non-traditional work hours and working weekends and holidays?
- Does working in a young, unique, fun, and growing organization appeal to you?
- Are you ready to spend your working hours riding bikes around Vancouver with brand new friends from all over the world, showing off what you love most about the city?
- Do you speak any languages other than English? French, Spanish, German, Mandarin/Cantonese are highly desirable.
We want smart, creative, well-traveled, socially-conscious people passionate about Vancouver and bicycles. Is that you? Then please, send us your resume along with a cover letter. Feel free to be creative and show us your passion for this type of work.
Cover letter Requirements:
Please answer the below questions in your cover letter.
Q: If you have outdoor or urban guiding experience what is it about guiding that you love the most? If you do not have guiding experience showcase your passion within a related field such as teaching or acting.
Q: How long have you lived here in Vancouver? What are you most passionate about in this city? Is it the food, the bike culture, or its wild history? What about its diversity, its eccentric people, or its art?
Q: Do you have a favourite story you can tell relating to Vancouver?
Q: Do you speak fluent English? Do you speak any other languages?
Application deadline April 21.
Send cover letters, resumes, and all questions to email@example.com. If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.
We look forward to hearing from you!
- Team CCT