Bicycle Rental Advisor
Join our rapidly growing team in the heart of downtown Vancouver as a Bicycle Rental Advisor.If you have a friendly, outgoing personality, like meeting people, and enjoy working as part of a fun team please read on!Our Rental Advisors facilitate the rental process with a friendly, customer service oriented approach. In this role, you will assist customers in selecting a bike style, route planning, bike fitting and seat adjustment, as well as sharing road safety tips. You will also be assisting with rental check-in and operating POS systems to take payment upon return. Share the joy of cycling in Vancouver with our local and international clientele.
All of our staff have the opportunity to explore Vancouver with complimentary admission to most major tourist attractions in the city, through the Vancouver Tourism Challenge!
- Excellent Verbal Communication Skills (English req., others a bonus!)
- Outgoing and personable
- Passionate advocate for cycling in Vancouver
- Responsible, tidy, and organized
- Well travelled and enjoy meeting people from around the region and the world
- In depth knowledge of Vancouver Cycling Infrastructure
- Must be able to lift up to 35lbs overhead
- Previous experience as a bike mechanic an asset (and pay upgrade)
- Great job for students who are going back to school in the fall. Ask us about applying as a student!
Bicycle Tour Guide in Vancouver
Are you great at telling stories and capturing an audience’s attention? Do you love being outdoors and working independently? How about sharing your knowledge of and passion for Vancouver, having lived here for a long time? You’ll need experience leading groups and public speaking along with a passion for meeting new people. You’ll occasionally need to get your hands dirty fixing a flat tire or doing basic bike maintenance. Do you already know how or are you willing to learn? You must speak English fluently, but other languages are an asset. If this sounds like you, please get in touch to be a tour guide with Cycle City!
- Emergency first aid certification (can obtain or recertify after hiring)
- Responsible and dependable nature
- Flexible schedule with availability from April through September (minimum May through end of August)
- Legally able to work in Canada.
This position begins with 3-5 weeks of paid training which involves a combination of direct training, self-study, and, most importantly, tour shadowing. Shifts are typically between 4 – 7 hours.
Please apply by sending us:
- Your current resume.
- A cover letter telling us why you would make an amazing guide. Be sure to demonstrate your passion and personality!
- Your start and end date availability and number of shifts/hours per week you are available.
- A fun fact about Vancouver.
If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to interview.